The Web Developer’s role will assist in building components of our web sites and keep our sites running smoothly. This includes designing, building, and implementing new Web pages; integrating sites with back end applications; and performing day-to-day administration of our Web portfolio. Use of a variety of Web development languages is required.
- Develop, code, install, test, debug, and document Web applications using appropriate editors.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with existing Web applications and sites.
- Install and configure HTTP servers and associated operating systems, and establish appropriate server directory trees.
- Identify, recommend, and prioritise new Web features and applications.
- Manage Web servers and sites with domain name services.
- Update Web pages to ensure site accuracy and currency.
- Work with database administrator to design, develop, and update databases as they relate to Web applications.
- Ensure security of all Web sites and related applications.
- Perform periodic Web site audits.
- Monitor and report on Web site traffic and performance.
- Conduct research into current and emerging Web technologies and issues in support of Web development efforts.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in the field of computer science and/or a computing-related degree
- Relevant certifications may be advantageous.
- At least 3 years proven experience as a developer in a corporate environment
- Thorough understanding of application development methodologies.
- Experience with computer graphic and multimedia design.
- User interface design knowledge
- Comprehensive experience with structuring, developing, and implementing interactive corporate Web sites.
- Proven experience in installing, upgrading, and maintaining Web servers and associated operating systems, including Windows and/or Linux.
- Basic Understanding of cloud computing
- Knowledge of database development, including MySQL and/or MS SQL Server.
- Experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements.
- Project management experience, a plus.
- Experience in mobile app/WAP development, an advantage.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into emerging Internet technologies and programming languages.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Very strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidate should send their CV to [email protected]
Application Deadline 26th June, 2013