Overview of IBM Server System X3100 M4 - 2582K5G:
The System x3100 M4 single socket tower server is designed for small businesses and first-time server buyers looking for a solution to improve business efficiency. It delivers several IBM® innovative features with a competitive price, either in a compact mini-tower form factor or standard tower form factor with hot-swap power supplies and disk drives. The IBM System x3100 M4 provides next-generation performance in an innovative and compact design with flexible configuration options, built-in security, and systems management capabilities. It leverages the next-generation dual-core and quad-core Intel Xeon processor technology.
- Express x3100 M4
- Xeon 4C E3-1220 80W 3.1GHz/1333MHz/8MB
- 1x500GB SS 3.5in SATA
- SR C100
- 350W p/s
- Form Factor: Compact mini-tower which can be converted to a 4U rack form factor (models with fixed power supplies) or standard tower which can be converted to a 5U form factor (models with hot-swap power supplies), using an optional Tower-to-Rack conversion kit.
- Processor: One quad-core Intel Xeon E3-1200 or Xeon E3-1200 v2 series processor (up to 3.6 GHz/8 MB/1600 MHz) or one dual-core Intel Core i3 processor (up to 3.4 GHz/3 MB/1333 MHz), or one dual-core Pentium processor (up to 3.1 GHz/3 MB/1333 MHz) or one Intel Celeron (1.6 GHz/1 MB/1066 MHz)
- Memory Cache: Up to 8 MB L3 for Intel Xeon E3-1200 and E3-1200 v2 processors. Up to 3 MB L3 for Intel Core i3 and Pentium processors.
- Chipset: Intel C202.
- Memory DIMM Slots: 4 DDR3 DIMM slots.
- Memory Capacity: Up to 32 GB with 8 GB DDR3 UDIMMs and four populated DIMM slots. RDIMMs are not supported.
- Memory Protection: ECC.
- Disk drive bays: Up to four 3.5" Simple Swap SATA HDDs.
- Maximum internal storage: Up to 16 TB with 4 TB 3.5" SATA HDDs., Up to 9.6 TB with 1.2 TB 2.5" NL SAS or NL SATA HDD., Up to 12.8 TB with 1.6 TB 2.5" SSD.
- RAID Support: Software RAID 0, 1, 10 with ServeRAID C100 controller; hardware RAID 0, 1, 1E with ServeRAID H1110, BR10il v2, M1015, M5014 and M5015. Optional RAID 5, 50 with ServeRAID M5014. Optional upgrade to RAID 5 is available for M1015.
- Optical drive bays: One 5.25" HH bay, support for DVD-ROM or Multiburner. Half-High SATA DVD-ROM standard in standard models.
- Tape drive bays: One 5.25 HH bay, support for DDS, RDX, or LTO.
- Network interfaces: Integrated two-port Gigabit Ethernet (Intel 82574L) / 1 port is shared with IMM2.
- PCI Expansion Slots: Four PCI Express slots:
- Slot 1, PCIe 3.0 x8, full-height, half-length (PCIe 2.0 in models with processors announced September 2011 - see Table 4)
- Slot 2, PCIe 3.0 x16 (x8 wired), full-height, half-length (PCIe 2.0 in models with processors announced September 2011 - see Table 4)
- Slot 3, PCIe 2.0 x4, full-height, half-length
- Slot 4, PCIe 2.0 x1, full-height, half-length
- EXternal Ports: Two USB 2.0 ports on front. Four USB 2.0, one DB-15 video, one DB-9 serial, two RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet network ports (one is dedicated, one is shared with IMM2) on rear. One internal USB port for internal USB tape drive.
- Cooling: One speed-controlled non-redundant fan.
- Power Supply: One fixed 350 W AC or 300 W AC 80Plus Bronze power supply or up to two 430W hot-swap 80Plus redundant power supplies (model dependent)
- Hot-Swap Components: Some models: disk drives and power supplies. See Table 2.
- Systems management: UEFI, IBM Integrated Management Module II (IMM2), Predictive Failure Analysis, Automatic Server Restart, IBM Systems Director and IBM Systems Director Active Energy Manager™, IBM ServerGuide. Optional IMM2 Standard and IMM2 Advanced Upgrade via Feature on Demand (FoD) for additional management capabilities including remote presence (graphics, keyboard and mouse, virtual media).
- Security features: Power-on password, Administrator's password, Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
- Video: Matrox G200eR2 with 16 MB memory integrated into the IMM2. Maximum resolution is 1600x1200 at 75 Hz with 16 M colors.
- Operating systems supported: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2008, 2012, 2012 R2; Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 and 6; SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 and 11; VMware ESX 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, 5.5
- Service and support: Optional service upgrades are available through IBM ServicePacs®: 24x7/NBD or four hours onsite repair, 1-year or 2-year warranty extension, remote technical support for IBM hardware and selected IBM and third-party (Microsoft, Linux, VMware) software.
- Additional Information
Name IBM Server System X3100 M4 - 2582K5G brand N/A