Overview of IBM Server System X3500 M3 - 7380K4G:
A high-performance dual-socket tower server, the IBM System x3500 M3 provides generous bandwidth, storage and expanded memory capacity up to 192 GB. Start with a single Intel® Xeon® six-core processor, and add a second to double your processing capability. You can even add processors, storage and memory independently of one another for maximum configuration flexibility. With no single point of failure, the x3500 M3 is designed to run the most demanding applications reliably. New 6 Gbps RAID, more RAID adapters and more concentrated memory support higher availability, while integrated systems management tools provide control of resources from anywhere for simplified serviceability.
- Express x3500 M3
- Xeon 4C E5607 80W 2.26GHz/1066MHz/8MB
- O/Bay HS 2.5in SATA/SAS
- SR M5014
- 920W p/s
- 32-nm Intel 5600 “Westmere-EP” processors featuring fast processing combined with excellent energy efficiency. These processors also feature Dynamic Resource Scaling, which will put to sleep any unused cores, giving the remaining processors access to all of the cache, and Turbo Boost, which allows cores to operate at higher-than-stated frequencies when operating below power and thermal design points.
- Enhanced virtualization with Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT), providing hardware-based mechanisms that help protect against software-based attacks by sectioning off application environments.
- Up to 192 GB of DDR3 RDIMMs with ECC or up to 48 GB of DDR3 UDIMMs with ECC, including new 1.35V low-voltage RDIMMs.
- A high level of energy efficiency with energy-efficient Westmere processors, optional low-voltage DIMMs, an energy smart design, and IBM Active Energy Manager power monitoring and control.
- 6 Gb/s or 3 Gb/s controllers with hardware-based RAID 0 and 1 (model dependent). An upgrade to RAID 6 or 60 is also available.
- Flexible storage options, with support for up to eight or sixteen 2.5-inch hot-swap SAS/SATA drives (maximum of 24 via CTO), four or eight 3.5-inch SAS/SATA drives (via CTO), or up to four 3.5-inch simple-swap SATA drives.
- An advanced Integrated Management Module (IMM) that enables remote control to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot servers from any location. It has all the functionality of a BMC/RSA-II in addition to an integrated video controller, a remote presence/cKVM function, and Super I/O. The IMM is common across all new IBM x86 servers.
- A simple M2 to M3 transition with common OS, processor, memory, and RAID support.
- A TPM chip, which is a coprocessor that can hold cryptographic keys that protect information.
- Six PCI Express slots (one x8 and four x4 electrical, plus one x4 Gen1) and one full-size PCI slot, with the option of two full-size 64-bit/133 MHz PCI-X slots. Support for PCI Express, PCI-X, and PCI makes the transition easier for legacy card users.
- An IBM Virtual Media Key standard for additional systems-management capabilities, including:
- Web-based out-of-band control
- Virtual floppy and optical drive support
- Windows “blue screen” error capture
- LDAP and SSL support
- Remote redirection of PCI video, keyboard, and mouse (cKVM)
- A choice of one-year or three-year warranties.
- A quiet server that delivers exceptional energy efficiency at an economical price point.
- An internal USB flash port for virtualization and security/authentication needs.
- Hot-swap and redundant power supplies that help to reduce downtime.
- A choice of internal tape options.
- Enhanced Predictive Failure Analysis, which helps decrease planned and unplanned server downtime for improved reliability and maximum utilization.
- Light-Path Diagnostics helps speed up diagnosis of failures by providing a lighted path to problem components, minimizing maintenance expense and downtime.
- IBM ToolsCenter, which provides a single website for creating bootable media (CD, DVD, or USB) with updates customized for customers’ systems.
- Integrated dual-port Gigabit Ethernet with TOE.
- IBM Systems Director at no additional cost, which delivers a single interface for managing both physical and virtual resources.
- Additional Information
Name IBM Server System X3500 M3 - 7380K4G brand N/A