Overview of IBM Server System X3550 M3 - 7944KAG:
The IBM System x3550 M3 builds on the latest Intel Xeon processor technology with extreme processing power and superior energy-management and cooling features. With twice the performance of previous generations and a flexible, energy-smart design that integrates low-wattage components, the x3550 M3 can help you meet demanding workloads at a lower cost per watt. Suggested uses: customers requiring a highly available, energy-efficient, rack-optimized solution for physical and virtual intensive commercial environments like eBusiness/eCommerce, collaboration, virtualization, database, and enterprise resource planning applications.
- Form Factor: 1U Rack.
- Processor: Up to two six-core (up to 3.46 GHz) or quad-core (up to 3.6 GHz) Intel Xeon 5600 series processors with QuickPath Interconnect technology up to 6.4 GT/s, and up to 1333 MHz memory speed.
- Memory Cache: Up to 12 MB L3.
- Chipset: Intel 5520.
- Memory: Up to 18 DIMM sockets (9 DIMMs per processor). Up to 288 GB with 16 GB DDR3 RDIMMs and 18 populated DIMM slots (up to 144 GB with 9 DIMMs per processor), or up to 48 GB with 4 GB DDR3 UDIMMs and 12 populated DIMM slots (up to 24 GB with 6 DIMMs per processor).
- Memory Protection: ECC, ChipKill (for x4-based memory DIMMs), Memory Mirroring, and Memory Sparing.
- Disk drive bays: Up to eight 2.5" hot-swap SAS/SATA HDDs or solid-state drives (SSDs).
- Maximum internal storage: Up to 7.2 TB with 900 GB SAS HDDs, or up to 8.0 TB with 1 TB SATA HDDs, or up to 1.6 TB with 200 GB SSDs. Intermix of SAS/SATA/SSD is supported.
- RAID Support: RAID 0, 1, 1E with ServeRAID-BR10il v2 or M1015; RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, 50 with M5014 or M5015. Optional upgrade to RAID 5 is available for M1015. Optional upgrade to RAID 6, 60 is available for M5014/M5015.
- Optical drive bays: One with optional Optical Drive Enablement Kit, support for DVD-ROM or Multiburner. If used, the maximum number of HDD bays is limited to 4.
- Network interfaces: Integrated 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports, plus 2 ports on optional Gigabit Ethernet with Ethernet Daughter Card (does not consume PCI slot).
- PCI Expansion slots: Up to 3 slots (up to 2 standard slots are available; one slot is dedicated to RAID controller), dependant on the riser cards used. Standard models have:
- Slot 1: PCI Express 2.0 x16, Low-profile
- Slot 2: PCI Express 2.0 x16, full-height, half-length
- External ports: Two USB 2.0 and one DB-15 video on front. Two USB 2.0, one DB-15 video, one DB-9 serial, one RJ-45 systems management, up to 4 RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet network ports (2 standard, 2 optional) on rear. One internal USB port for embedded hypervisor.
- Cooling: IBM Calibrated Vectored Cooling™ with 6 counter-rotating hot swap fans with N+1 redundancy. Altimeter is to control fan speed based on atmospheric pressure.
- Power supply: Up to 2 redundant hot-swap 460 W AC or 675 W AC or 675 W high efficiency (HE) AC power supplies with 90%+ efficiency. 675 W -48 V DC models are available via CTO.
- Hot-swap components: Hard drives, power supplies, fans.
- System management: UEFI, IBM Integrated Management Module (IMM), Predictive Failure Analysis, Light Path Diagnostics, Automatic Server Restart, IBM Systems Director* and IBM Systems Director Active Energy Manager™, IBM ServerGuide. Optional Virtual Media Key for remote presence (graphics, keyboard & mouse).
- Security features: Power-on password, administrator's password, Trusted Platform Module (TPM).
- Video: Matrox G200eV with 16 MB memory integrated into the IMM. Maximum resolution is 1280x1024 at 75 Hz with 16M colors.
- Operating systems supported: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and 2003 R2, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2008, Microsoft Windows Server 2012, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, 5 and 6, Red Hat Enterprise MRG 1.0/2.0 Realtime, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 and 11, VMware ESX 4/4.1 and VMware ESXi 4/4.1 embedded hypervisor, Sun Solaris 10, VMware vSphere 5/5.1.
- Service and support: Optional service upgrades are available through IBM ServicePacs®: 24x7/next business day or 4 hours onsite repair, 1-year or 2-year warranty extension, remote technical support for IBM hardware and selected IBM and third-party (Microsoft, Linux, VMware) software.
- Additional Information
Name IBM Server System X3550 M3 - 7944KAG brand N/A