Overview of IBM Server 7379KJG:
The IBM System x3400 M3 leverages the latest Intel® Xeon® processors and memory capacity to deliver greater processing power and flexibility. Enhanced with cost-optimized RAID technology, mainframe-inspired reliability and additional memory, the x3400 M3 can provide superior performance per cost for virtualization and other intensive applications. The x3400 M3 offers flexible configuration options to help you scale easily as business grows. Higher storage capacity as well as choice in storage interface lets you transform your business as you require. Select the right combination of hard disk drive size, processor and memory capacity for today, and easily incorporate more tomorrow.
- Express x3400 M3
- Xeon 4C E5606 80W 2.13GHz/1066MHz/8MB
- 2x146GB HS 2.5in SAS
- SR M5014
- 2x920W p/s
- 32-nm Intel 5600 “Westmere-EP” processors featuring fast processing combined with excellent energy efficiency. These processors also feature Dynamic Resource Scaling, which will put to sleep any unused cores, giving the remaining processors access to all of the cache, and Turbo Boost, which allows cores to operate at higher-than-stated frequencies when operating below power and thermal design points.
- Enhanced virtualization with Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT), providing hardware-based mechanisms that help protect against software-based attacks by sectioning off application environments.
- Up to 128 GB (16 DIMMs) of DDR3 RDIMMs with ECC or up to 48 GB (12 DIMMs) of DDR3 UDIMMs with ECC, including new 1.35V low-voltage RDIMMs.
- A high level of energy efficiency with energy-efficient Westmere processors, optional low-voltage DIMMs, an energy smart design, and IBM Active Energy Manager power monitoring and control.
- 6 Gb/s or 3 Gb/s controllers with hardware-based RAID 0 and 1 (model dependent). An upgrade to RAID 6 or 60 is also available.
- Flexible storage options, with support for up to four 3.5-inch simple-swap SATA or hot-swap SAS/SATA hard drives (maximum of eight hot-swap drives via CTO), or support for up to sixteen 2.5-inch drives (CTO only).
- An advanced Integrated Management Module (IMM) that enables remote control to manage, monitor, and troubleshoot servers from any location. It has all the functionality of a BMC/RSA-II in addition to an integrated video controller, a remote presence/cKVM function, and Super I/O. The IMM is common across all new IBM x86 servers.
- A simple M2 to M3 transition with common OS, processor, memory, and RAID support.
- A TPM chip, which is a coprocessor that can hold cryptographic keys that protect information.
- Five PCI Express slots (three x8 and two x4 electrical) and one full-size PCI slot, with the option of two full-size 64-bit/133 MHz PCI-X slots and one PCI Express slot (x4 electrical). Support for PCI Express, PCI-X, and PCI makes the transition easier for legacy card users.
- An optional IBM Virtual Media Key for additional systems-management capabilities, including:
- Web-based out-of-band control
- Virtual floppy and optical drive support
- Windows “blue screen” error capture
- LDAP and SSL support
- Remote redirection of PCI video, keyboard, and mouse (cKVM)
- A choice of one-year or three-year warranties.
- A quiet server that delivers exceptional energy efficiency at an economical price point.
- Optional hot-swap, redundant power supplies in some models that help to reduce downtime.
- A choice of internal tape options.
- Enhanced Predictive Failure Analysis, which helps decrease planned and unplanned server downtime for improved reliability and maximum utilization.
- Light-Path Diagnostics, which speed up diagnosis of failures by providing a lighted path to problem components, minimizing maintenance expense and downtime.
- IBM ToolsCenter, which provides a single website for creating bootable media (CD, DVD, or USB) with updates customized for customers’ systems.
- Integrated dual-port Gigabit Ethernet with TOE.
- IBM Systems Director at no additional cost, which delivers a single interface for managing both physical and virtual resources.
- Additional Information
Name IBM System Server X3400 M3 - 7379KJG brand N/A